Just Give Me Money

you know that you want to
Monday, August 13, 2007
Ooo, updates, fun!

I still am adjunct at A&M here in Normal Alabama, but there's talk of this position becoming full time. I like it here okay, but have to admit that this coming season I am going to be hitting the job market with a vengence. I have two sections of Intro, one sections of advanced, and then Friday night Art Appreciation. I put in for a digital class to be added to the books, but, typical of the south, everything... moves.... so... slow... Maybe next year.

I'm stoked about the work I've been making lately -- go look at my website if you haven't been there in a few months, it's all changed since June or so. I also got invited to be part of a show at Cazenovia College in NY -- first time I'm in something I didn't send in for. Websites can really help you out!

I have a new other job -- wholesale framing for a very tiny family owned business instead of the retail for the man framing job. I like it much better, especially since I am working out a deal with the owner to have free use of his 9600 in exchange for doing his photoshop work. That already means that in the faculty show I have a couple of brand spanking new 30x40 from my Lay of the Land Series (the tire tracks in the corn and one of a shopping cart that is not up there yet). I also have a tight grid of 4x5 contact prints of the Stick and Stones stuff -- thanks to my friend Matt for hanging it for me! There's no way I could have gotten 24 8x10 frames hung up one inch apart in a four foot wide space without some help. Where are the days of the guys from SCAD hanging your work up for you???
posted by Al Fuller @ 6:32 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on the show in NY... it's weird when people contact you because of your website... kinda makes it all worthwhile... Hopefully you'll find something full-time or go full-time at A&M... keep it Normal!

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Greg said…

    I looked at the Stick and Stones work, Al, and I have to say, I am very surprised at how Modernist you have become! And just when I was moving in a different direction.

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Al Fuller said…

    Don't get your hopes up too high, there, Greg! My friend Amy and I go hiking once a week and I started dragging Woody along. I'm not pushing them for shows or anything -- That's what Lay of the Land is for! I've been meaning to tell you that I REALLY like the new design of your website. It's much easier to navigate. And, of course, you're still in the category with Jay and Jeremias that you all promised to give me a print of yours and you never did. So much for Lamoille Canyon!

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Al, post your address and image desire right now, I just hooked up my printer again and am printing for a show in florida... let me have it while the ink is hot!

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Al Fuller said…

    I really *heart* the digging a hole in the forrest with your own two hands, but would be very happy with horizon sand mound or the walden pond breathes.

    The neat thing is that the Al Fuller Collection is going to be on display at A&M in January so you get a line on your CV too!

    Send it to me at work (not school -my framing job) -- I'm never home.

    CARA FULLER
    c/o USA SPORTS
    1001 E Ryland Pike
    Huntsville, AL 35811

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger J said…

    cool, I'll use that address too. I'll send the print out next week.

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Will you be framing them then?

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Al Fuller said…

    yes, they will be framed. Rock on Jay!

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Greg said…

    I'll check and see if I have a print with me here. I lost your address shortly after school and never contacted you for the new one.

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger J said…

    Getting my butt kicked, gonna send you the print next week.

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Word is bond on that Jay! Got em printed... but mailing them will take a few more days...

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Al Fuller said…

    Hey, I've got access to a 9600 if any of you want some new stuff in exchange. Just let me know!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Just Give Me Money | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health

 
 

Web This Blog
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates

make money online blogger templates