Just Give Me Money

you know that you want to
Friday, June 29, 2007
I just received this article about NYC thinking about forcing permits upon groups of people taking pictures or filming in public areas, like sidewalks. This bill does not distinguish between professionals and amateurs, any one standing around video taping a group of friends for more than 10 minutes could be detained even though they probably don't know about the silly law. Yet another sad enforcement against creative output.

As I am in Chicago, about to go see the huge Jeff Wall show, this article seemed particularly applicable. Basically, if I wanted to go try my hand at something Wall-esque, I would have to obtain some pretty series permits simply because I have a tripod and a group of people. I guess it's a good thing I'm in Chicago tonight.

Pretty weak.
posted by J @ 9:00 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    pretty weak is right! and they really need to tighten up who can and can't do what. leaving it all open ended is not good at all. but then again the idea sucks in the first place.

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Al Fuller said…

    Tighten up? I would think loosen up would be more like it. Laws like that are in keeping with a law here in Alabama where it makes it perfectly legal to beat your wife as long as the item you are beating her with is not thicker than your thumb!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Just Give Me Money | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health

 
 

Web This Blog
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates

make money online blogger templates