Just Give Me Money

you know that you want to
Friday, September 22, 2006
SCAM ALERT
This was sent to me by Craig Barber in regards to watching out for a scam, I thought I'd pass it along to you. As craig says in the following e-mail, I also have no idea about its validity, but it doesn't hurt to watch out.
-Jeremias

Here's the e-mail:

Good morning,

I have no way of verifying this but it is certainly worth taking note of just in case, for as we all know there are way too many scammers out there preying upon well intentioned people.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Craig

Nigerian Scammer Alert

I was approached by Mark Shola about buying prints from my site.
He is a Nigerian 419 scammer now targeting Photographers.
Sample emails are:


Hello ,
Thanks very much for your email,The reason I am sending you this
email is to make final reconfirmation of the work(Travel subway in
Japan size 16x20) and also to let you know that payment will be by
certified Cashier Check. In view of this I need you to email me 
any
information that may be required to send the Cashier Check or
traveller check, as I do not want to send the Cashier Check to a
wrong location least they gets into the wrong hands. Regarding the
shipping,due to the weight of the artwork,cause of the crating and
packing some courier service do not render shipment, I have a
company that takes care of the pick up of my consignments for me
and ship to my destination anywhere in the U.S.A, you do not worry
about shipping, the company will send down a representative to
arrange the sales documentation and the pick up from your end for
onward transfer to my destination

I also want  to alert you on the fact that you will be receiving 
an
overdraft Cashier Check, which will cover the money for the pickup
(pickup and shipping to the final destination) as well as the 
money
to be paid to the company that will take care of the pickup and 
the
documentation with you.  So please, as soon as you receive the
Cashier Check, go and cash them immediately, deduct the money that
accrues to you(artworks & commision), and send the balance to the
Head Office of the company that handles the shipment via the
nearest Western Union agent in your area. Deduct the Western Union
charges from the balance and send the remaining.

 The Cashier Check will be in your name to make it easier for you
to receive payment, deduct your money for the artworks  and send
the balance via Western Union as regards my earlier direction,
please reconfirm your details one more time. I will give you the
details of the company that you will send the balance of  the 
money
to once I get a reply and agreement that you will send the money
via Western Union money transfer after you cash the Cashier Check.
    Once the money is received by the agent, the shipping agent
will contact you immediately to arrange the documentation as well
as the pick up immediately.  So in view of the above,  here are
some of the details I will need  for final issuance of the Cashier
Check to you.

(1)  Full Name
(2)  Mailing address, not p.o.box  please
(3)  your direct telephone number
(4)  acceptance of my offer

Once you get back to me with all the above, the Cashier Check will
be issued out immediately and it will be sent to you . Hope to 
hear
from you immediately.
Regards,
Mark....

Hello,
   My name is Mark Shola and i will like to order for some art  
work or photographs from you,which i want to put into my new  
residence and my new office.I will also alert you about my 
method  
of payment which cashier cheque and also i will like to tell you  
that i have my own personal shipper that will be taken care of  
shipment.
   So i shall be expecting your reply as soon as possible.thanks.
Mark...


He tried the same thing in the UK. The scam is geared around 
passing  
over fake or counterfeit cheques. Pass this info on.
Kevin C. Downs
posted by Anonymous @ 7:22 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Just Give Me Money | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health

 
 

Web This Blog
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates

make money online blogger templates