Just Give Me Money

you know that you want to
Friday, March 20, 2009
I recently gave my students an assignment to create photo blogs and post two images every week. I thought it would be a good idea to give myself this assignment as well both to show them what I shoot, and to force myself to shoot more often. Here it is:

http://philandersonphoto.wordpress.com/

Oh yeah, I live in Taiwan now. Heather and I are doing mission work teaching at a high school run by our church. We've been here since August and plan to return to the U.S. in July. It's been pretty cool. Things I miss most: my family, familiar food and being able to communicate with people. I've learned a little Chinese, but it's crazy hard. Things I love: really respectful students, beautiful scenery, the way everyday stuff is turned into an adventure when you can't really communicate. Anyways, here's our blog about life in Taiwan:

http://andersonsintaiwan.blogspot.com/


One more thing... Who has come up with good teaching resources/ideas? It might be useful if we shared. Here's a couple I'm currently using: (Feel free to swipe, copy, modify, etc... any resources)
  • Wikispaces - I actually use it more as a really easy & fast to update class website, rather than a collaboration tool. Here's what mine look like:

  • Blogger - Online critique. I used a single group blog for web design color scheme ideas and individual ones for photo blogs. I force my students to not only post, but also post useful comments on other people's stuff. (Although they take the word useful with varying degrees of seriousness.)


  • Picasa - Great for intro level classes, and situations where you have no budget for Photoshop/Lightroom. Obviously geared for students who are not planning to study photography on a deeper level and therefore will probably never want to fork out the cash for these programs themselves. It's now available for Mac too. I'm experimenting with Picasa Web Albums as a form of assignment submission, since I also have no budget for a printer (and can't expect my students to make prints on their own). I'm also thinking this will be really useful for collaboration between the yearbook photo team and copy team. (Writing captions, etc...)

Oh and one more thing... I have a mustache today.

posted by Phil @ 4:53 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Eat More Catfish said…

    Phil!!!!
    Your mustache is killing me!
    Awesome post, man! Thanks for all of the info!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Just Give Me Money | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health

 
 

Web This Blog
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates

make money online blogger templates