Just Give Me Money

you know that you want to
Sunday, August 27, 2006
Isnt it ironic.....

so tuesday, while sitting on my rock in the middle of the river, enjoying the north carolina sun, my rooomate called me with some devastating news. my apartment on anderson st. was broken into when he was out of town (during a one day window when my friend wasn't over to check on my cat).

everything of value is gone. (TV, VCR/DVD, all movies, music, camera equipment, computer stuff, all my school work backed up digitally, all jewelry, my roommates bike, his camera, his music...the list goes on). they took the pillowcases and blankets off the bed and cleaned us out.

i think its pretty interesting considering the work i have done so far at SCAD has had a lot to do with my possessions and how i lug all these things around the country to make me feel at home. and how other people's possessions and what they leave behind defines them and their surroundings.

oh, and i kinda have to laugh. (because im a little twisted like that) they cleaned out ALL my camera gear and in the giant empty cabinet...sitting all alone...wondering where his friends went....was my friend's HOLGA. its so cheap, thieves wouldnt even take it for free.

i urge all of you to get renter's insurance. even if you dont think you have much stuff.

peace sarah jones
posted by J @ 2:59 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Greg said…

    That sucks. I have a 20x24 camera you can borrow until you find something more permanent! And thanks for teh postcard. That was awesome. I'm glad you got home safely. Buck up little camper.

    -Greg

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger J said…

    i heart you sarah jones, the one and only

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Al Fuller said…

    that really blows, at least you can laugh about the holga. Again, is kitty okay? I have a canon AE1 in a really cool retro case with a 100mm and a crazy big lens (100-400mm, I think) you can use if you need to. I wonder if they used the pillow cases to carry stuff out of your apartment in.

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger thesarahjones.com said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Just Give Me Money | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health

 
 

Web This Blog
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates

make money online blogger templates